The Effective Strategies of Master Negotiations in English seminar is a 3 – 5 day business training conducted in its entirety in English. The goal of the training is to increase its participants’ knowledge, skills and abilities in conducting effective negotiations in English, both in business and in their private lives. The seminar “Effective Strategies of Master Negotiations in English” allows its participants to acquire and expand skills in preparing a negotiation strategy and implementing it in real life negotiations. It provides practical and time tested knowledge of techniques and strategies of business negotiations.
The Effective Strategies of Master Negotiations in English seminar is conducted by an internationally renowned Master Negotiator with over 30 years of conducting actual, practical and effective negotiations. In addition, the business trainer has many years of experience in conducting training in negotiations, management, leadership, etc., in companies all over the World: Canada, USA, Austria, Poland, UK, China, Rumania, Czech Rep., etc.
The Effective Strategies of Master Negotiations in English is based on the principle that anything you want in life is owned or controlled by someone else. Whenever you are in contact with another person you’re negotiating. You must structure the negotiations that they get what they want and you get what you want. This way you will be more successful in life and will remove a great deal of stress and friction. Negotiations is handling people.
There are specific maneuvers that take place in negotiations and in order to become an effective Master Negotiator you need to know them and know how to use them. An effective Master Negotiator negotiates by a set of rules, just like the game of chess. The big difference between negotiating and chess is that, in negotiations, the other person doesn’t have to know the rules. There are predictable responses to the maneuvers that take place in negotiations. Your opponent will respond predictably to the moves that you as Master Negotiator will make. At the same time, an effective Master Negotiator will be able to recognize the maneuvers that the opponent is using on him/her and will learn how to diffuse and/or eliminate them. In this seminar the participants will be learning the maneuvers and techniques to use to get what they want and the maneuvers/techniques the other side will try to use on them and how to defuse and eliminate them and in the end get what THEY want.
FOR WHOM IS THIS TRAINING:
The Effective Strategies of Master Negotiations in English seminar is dedicated to people whose job requires to conduct effective, protracted negotiations in English or to the people who want to just learn techniques of conducting effective negotiations.
The Effective Strategies of Master Negotiations in English seminar is conducted in English and its goal is to increase its participants’ knowledge, skills and abilities in conducting effective negotiations in English in business and in their private lives. The seminar “Effective Strategies of Master Negotiations in English” allows its participants to acquire and expand skills in preparing a negotiation strategy and implementing it in real life negotiations. It provides practical and time tested knowledge of techniques and strategies of business negotiations and allows the seminar’s participants to practice them in actual negotiations taking place during the seminar. The actual negotiations may be taped and then discussed by their participants and other training participants so that all can gain practical knowledge and skills in conducting actual negotiations.
- Will gain knowledge what effective negotiations really are
- Will learn the critical elements of negotiations
- Will increase their skills and abilities in conducting negotiations both in business and their private lives.
- Will gain knowledge and learn to formulate and implement effective strategies in conducting effective negotiations.
- Will learn and expand their knowledge of different techniques of conducting effective negotiations
- Will learn and improve their skills of effective communication in conducting negotiations in English
- Will learn how to structure effective negotiations and to prepare negotiation goals and strategies to achieve them
- Will learn to ask the right questions, to start and react to the presented offers and proposals and how to reach agreement in negotiations
- Will gain knowledge how to manage and resolve conflicts during negotiations
- Will learn different types of negotiations
- Many, many more
The Effective Strategies of Master Negotiations in English seminar is entirely conducted in English and has a workshop character. The seminar consists of theoretical part combined with multimedia presentations. During the seminar its participants will learn and study many practical negotiation examples, will review actual case studies and will gain much of hands on training and experience. The participants will have the possibility to immediately test the acquired knowledge. During the seminar the participants will be working individually, in pairs and in groups. In addition, a camcorder, audio recordings, video recordings as well as will have tests and quizzes will be used.
Each Participant will receive a CERTIFICATE of completion of the seminar.
Playing the Power Negotiating Game
- What Is Power Negotiating
- What to ask for
- How much is enough
- When to make an offer
- How to respond to the other side’s offer
- To confront or not to confront
Master Negotiating Techniques – The basics:
- The Reluctant Seller and the Reluctant Buyer
- The use of Higher Authority
- Handling the Person Who Has No Authority to Decide
- The Counter Gambits to Higher Authority
- The Declining Value of Services
- To Split or not to Split the Difference?
- Handling Impasses
- Handling Stalemates
- Handling Deadlocks
- To Ask or not to Ask for a Trade-Off
Master Negotiating Techniques – Intermediate:
- Good Cop/Bad Cop technique
- Counter Gambits to Good Cap/Bad Cap
- What’s Nibbling
- To Nibble or not to Nibble
- Look Out for People Nibbling on You
- Prevent the Other Side From Nibbling on You
- Preventing Post-Negotiation Nibbles
- To Taper or not to Taper Concessions
- The Withdrawing an Offer Gambit
- Positioning for Easy Acceptance
- The Decoy
- The Red Herring
- To Commit first or not to Commit
- Who should write the contract
- What to concentrate on in High Power Negotiations
- How to treat the other side during and after the negotiations
Master Negotiating Techniques – Advanced:
- To Walk Away or not to Walk Away?
- When to Walk Away?
- How to Develop Walk-Away Power
- How to Project Walk-Away Power
- Take It or Leave It
- Responding to Take It or Leave It
- The Fait Accompli
- The Hot Potato
- How to issue an Effective Ultimatum
- How to Effectively respond to an Ultimatum
- Many, many more Effective High Power Negotiation techniques.
Negotiating Characteristics of Americans
- How do Americans Communicate?
- Do Americans Make Outrageous Initial Demands?
- Do Americans Negotiate in Groups or Alone?
- Do Americans Display Emotions when negotiating?
- What’s Americans outlook on Profits
- Do Americans Speak Foreign Languages?
- Are Americans well-Travelled?
- Are Americans comfortable With Silence?
- Do Americans Admit That They Don’t Know?
Negotiating Characteristics of Non-Americans
- English People
- French People
- German People
- Asian People
- Russian People
- Middle Eastern People
Understanding the Players
- Body Language: How to Read People?
- Where and how to Negotiate?
- The Handshake
- Where to Sit at a Conference
- When to Get Down to Business
- Eye Blinking Rate
- the Head movement
- When the Hand Goes to the Head
- Keep Your Eyes on the Hands
- What Eyeglass Wearers Can Tell You
- Hidden Meanings in Conversation
The Personal Characteristics of an Effective Power Negotiator
- The Courage to Probe for More Information
- The Patience to Outlast the Other Negotiator
- The Courage to Ask for More
- The Integrity to Press for a Win-Win Solution
- The Willingness to Be a Good Listener
Resolving Tough Negotiating Problems
- To Mediate or not to Mediate?
- The Art of Mediation
- The Importance of Mediation
- Shall Mediator Be Perceived as Neutral
- Resolution Stage
- The Art of Arbitration
- Setting Up the Arbitration Neutrality of the Arbitrators Preliminary Meeting
- Exchange of Information Prior to the First Hearing
- The Arbitration Hearing
- Conduct of the Arbitrator
- An Important Difference Between Arbitration and Litigation
- The Art of Conflict Resolution
- Time Pressure
- When to Tie Up All the Details
- Flexibility Under Time Pressure
- When do People Become More Flexible
- Acceptance Time
- Intelligence power
- Six Rules of successful Power Negotiations:
- Rule 1: To Admit or not to Admit That You Don’t Know?
- Rule 2: Should you Ask the Questions?
- Rule 3: What type of Questions to Ask?
- Rule 4: Where You Ask the Question Makes a Big Difference?
- Rule 5: Ask Other People
- Rule 6: Ask Questions for Reasons, Not Gathering Information
- How Americans Negotiate
- The American Art of the Deal
- High-Context vs. Low-Context Negotiations
- Getting Down to Business With Non-Americans
- Are Americans Succinct
- How do Americans Answer Questions?
- How do Americans Talk?
- Are Americans Very Patriotic?
- The American Class System
- Religion in America
- What is the Frontier Mentality?
- How do Americans view time
- Are Americans Opinionated
- Are American Friendly
- Business Cards
- Tipping in America
- The Diverse Population of America
- Are American Self-Reliant
- A Final Word About Americans
The Attitudes of a Power Negotiator
- The Willingness to Live With Ambiguity
- Be Resilient
- A Competitive Spirit
- Don’t Be Conflict-Averse
- The Beliefs of a Power Negotiator
- Negotiating Is Always a Two-Way Affair
- Negotiating Is Played by a Set of Rules
- “No” Is Simply an Opening Negotiating Position
Developing Power over the Other Side
- Legitimate Power
- Other Forms of Legitimate Power
- Legitimate Power as an Intimidation Factor
- Some Titles Don’t Mean a Thing
- Reward Power
- Reward Power as an Intimidation Factor
- Coercive Power
- Reverent Power
- Reverent Power as an Intimidating Factor
- Charismatic Power
- Charismatic Power as an Intimidating Factor
- Expertise Power
- Expertise Power as an Intimidating Factor Situation Power
- Information Power
- Information Power as an Intimation Factor
- Combinations of Power
- Other Forms of Power
- The Power of Risk Sharing
- The Power of Confusion
- The Power of communicating Options
- Negotiating Drives
- The Competitive Drive
- The Solutional Drive
- The Personal Drive
- The Organizational Drive
- The Attitudinal Drive
- The Rules of Win-Win Negotiations
- Rule 1 of Win-Win Negotiations
- Rule 2 of Win-Win Negotiations
- Rule 3 of Win-Win Negotiations
- Rule 4 of Win – Win Negotiations
SUMMARY OF THE COURSE and Q & A
Matthew Boyd, M.B.A., B. Comm., C.F.E. – a Canadian businessmen and lecturer with over 30 years of ractical business experience. ecretary of the Committee of the Minister of Revenue Canada, taking minutes of meetings and writing minutes, protocols and correspondence for the President of the Committee and its various members. Experienced Auditor conducting full-fledged internal audits and writing concise and comprehensive reports and correspondence. Experienced business trainer and English language teacher, speaker and lecturer. Possesses many years of experience in preparing and conducting different business seminars. Developed an effective methodology to teach English and prepare his students for exams such as Cambridge FCE, CAE, CPE, TOEFL, IELTS, LCCI English for Business, TOLES, GMAT, New High School Certificate in English, etc. Developed and conducted specific seminars in English such as Effective Business Negations in English, Legal English, Business English, English for Managers, Executive English, Effective Business Correspondence in English, Effective Public Speaking And Business Presentations in English and many, many more. Able to prepare any type of business seminar in English in accordance with his clients’ needs and wishes.
The benefits of our training.
A great deal of knowledge delivered by experienced trainers which you can immediately use in your work or private live. New tools which you can immediately implement in your workplace which will improve the effectiveness and efficiency of your firm’s operations, gain new customers and improve your firm’s image. Training which is geared to your expectations and needs. Course manual and manuscript in paper and electronic form. Trainer’s support in a form of private consultations for the period of up to 6 months after the course. We choose the best catering during the entire course. Organize our seminars and business trainings in the most attractive locations, so that you can combine business with pleasure. The participants of our trainings retain a feeling of well spent time with us.
Why should you learn/train with us?
Our main priority is satisfaction of out Clients. Each and every language course or business training is based on our Clients needs and expectations. We make sure that in addition to gaining new knowledge and expertise our Clients, through brainstorming and discussions which take place during the training, gain also new experiences, inspirations and new ideas. We also make sure that our Clients gain a great deal of motivation to implement and use this newly acquired knowledge and expertise which will stay with them for the rest of their lives. Our trainings teach the newest business solutions and methods which provide our Clients with the completive advantage and give them a leg up on the competition. More over, they increase their and their employers’ effectiveness and efficiency. Our Clients fully understand and appreciate the process of continuous education and improvement of their skills since that is the main reason for their success. Satisfaction and appreciation of our Clients are the living proof that our seminars and courses provide a great deal of knowledge, are professional and are of the highest quality.